Hardtop storage bag replacement

SouthFork

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Does anyone know where to find a replacement for the bag that hangs under the hardtop on a 282 Sailfish? My zipper broke and the grommets are not looking to good.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Other than Googling for it myself, I do not. HOWEVER, any local upholsterer can sew in a new zipper and most likely even replace the grommets. Or, grommets/grommet tool... not that expensive to buy and it's a good tool to have.

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
I replaced grommets...easy...but get quality BRASS grommets from Taylor not brass colored steel grommets from Harbor Freight:mad:. That way you don't have to do it again by the end of one season
My sister sewed in a new zipper.

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
I had mine replaced by a local shop wen I replaced the enclosure. The shop did it in off white to match the new enclosure.

Marbles816

Reaction score
Just another suggestion... I had several boats with canvas storage space for under the T Tops for storing life jackets, but unfortunately I had issues with mold inside the canvas storage space and on the life jackets. So I came up with the idea of using a net type storage concept that always allowed air not to be trapped. It's been working out very well. They are cargo nets used inside the back of SUV's, I found them on Amazon and they were very reasonably priced. I used plastic zip ties to install it and it worked very well.IMG_20200915_161842211.jpg

SouthFork

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Thanks for the replies, I’ll try to get this one fixed but if it’s not going to work I’ll order from A&J.