Hardtop Tubing Size?

gradywhite248

Reaction score
Quick question. I have a 2000 248 Voyager an looking to add a few stainless bolt on rod holders to the Hardtop mounting. The Hardtop is original from the factory. Does anyone know what the size is?

Thanks

Fowl Hooked

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
Not exactly but in the absence of any better information I'll offer that I added a couple to the hardtop frame of my 265 a couple years back and in studying pictures of your boat model there appears to be a lot of similarity between the framing of the two. I attached to the larger diameter tube, didn't write down the exact measurement but I used the Taco clamp-on holders, F16-2630-POL-1, they're sized for 1-15/16" O.D. pipe and given how they fit I'm guessing that's awful close to exact, they do come with a pair of white inserts that their website says would neck it down to a 1-11/16" outside diameter pipe. Good luck.

Brett

gradywhite248

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. Ill check them out.

Fowl Hooked said:
Not exactly but in the absence of any better information I'll offer that I added a couple to the hardtop frame of my 265 a couple years back and in studying pictures of your boat model there appears to be a lot of similarity between the framing of the two. I attached to the larger diameter tube, didn't write down the exact measurement but I used the Taco clamp-on holders, F16-2630-POL-1, they're sized for 1-15/16" O.D. pipe and given how they fit I'm guessing that's awful close to exact, they do come with a pair of white inserts that their website says would neck it down to a 1-11/16" outside diameter pipe. Good luck.

Brett

bea5454

Reaction score
I also used Taco 1-15/16 clamp-on on my 2006 232. Was able to BARELY get a grab on the threads in the one position which would work for kingfish riggers. Good luck.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Factory hardtops are made by Winterville Machine Works in Winterville NC. Check out https://www.wmwmarine.com/. They should be able to tell you anything you need to know about the frame.