Has anyone ever installed an OEM or removed an OEM hard top?

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
I do not suppose anyone has ever installed or removed an OEM Grady hard top?

Not many parts to it, pretty straight forward, but I always want to learn from tips others have that have done it, just in case. Cannot ever know too much or research it too much heh.

Thanks!

Russ

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
If you have any canvas, or isinglass, that is supposed to go with it, set the top in place, and install the canvas before drilling any holes in the boat. A half inch one way or the other makes a lot of difference in how well canvas fits.

Stiles1978

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I do not suppose anyone has ever installed or removed an OEM Grady hard top?

Not many parts to it, pretty straight forward, but I always want to learn from tips others have that have done it, just in case. Cannot ever know too much or research it too much heh.

Thanks!

Russ
I boat a 85 Offshore that was beyond repair with a hard top, and removed it and installed it on my 87 offshore. Pretty simple and straight forward. I took good measurements disconeccted all wiring from fuse block then I cut off all hardware with a grinder and cut off wheel, had a buddy help lift it off, and hold it. Then just drilled holes in new host, and installed with all new hardware. See before b after pics.

Attachments

• 20190622_205443.jpg
    20190622_205443.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 4

Stiles1978

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I boat a 85 Offshore that was beyond repair with a hard top, and removed it and installed it on my 87 offshore. Pretty simple and straight forward. I took good measurements disconeccted all wiring from fuse block then I cut off all hardware with a grinder and cut off wheel, had a buddy help lift it off, and hold it. Then just drilled holes in new host, and installed with all new hardware. See before b after pics.
20190805_121015.jpg