Has anyone replaced the early 90's windows?

exudedude

Reaction score
I have been nursing my windows as long as I could, both front and side window frames are about beyond repair. I know they are water bonnet brand. I have tried talking to their CS and it is not a big interest to the folks I have spoken to.

1990 Gulfstream.

1st grady

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Yep, I removed the front windows, took them to an automotive glass shop and had them re-bed (silicone) the glass to the aluminum frame. I reinstalled them into the very sloppily cut fiberglass openings and was good for about two years. This past summer they started leaking again but I purchased new ones on Ebay for $70 and will install them this winter. I may try to build up the edge of the cut out but I don't think it would be easy. The side sliders are also leaking and I will probably remove them as well and see if I can repair the seals. There is a drain hole at the rear corner of the frame to allow water to flow out. Mine were filled with crud. 95 Islander

exudedude

Reaction score
My issues are mostly with the frames, some pits are so deep they are holes. The larger gaskets have shrunk over the years and are no good, I had to redo that with a 2-part urethane as I could not find the gaskets anywhere.