Have Price Quote for '08 Escape

F18amec

Reaction score
Paid a visit to Norfolk Marine today and they have an '08 209 on the floor, close to what I am looking for, but not quite. So I had saleman build and price one, options where T-top w/radio box, light rod holders etc, lean bar w/backrest, footrest, tackle box, rod holders and storage area, high bow rail, forward seat cushions, 150 Yamaha four stroke including trailer the quote was $55,300.
I know there is room to haggle, curious if this price is ball park to for a 209 and approx how much haggle room is there? Also, I'm not a big fan of bimini tops, but the T-top is a $6500 option. Is it cheaper to have one installed aftermarket? Opinions/Advice welcome.
F18 8)

SlimJim

Reaction score
get it with the factory T-TOP. They are 1st class and make the boat look much better. You will like it a lot more then the Bimi Top. Also Resale will be much much better as most people want a T-TOP.

CaptKennyW

Reaction score
i sure you could talk them down as well, they are probally jonesin for a sale.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Make sure that F150 will push that boat enough for you. If you can water test it, go for it. With 3 guys, a full load of fuel, ice, etc...you may find it struggling.

From a performance / resale perspective, you might want to consider an F200 or F250.

scottg

Reaction score
Parthery said:
Make sure that F150 will push that boat enough for you. If you can water test it, go for it. With 3 guys, a full load of fuel, ice, etc...you may find it struggling.

From a performance / resale perspective, you might want to consider an F200 or F250.

What he said. The 150 is a small engine for this boat, especially one with the added weight / resistance of the t-top.

Bama96

Reaction score
IF you go with the F225 or F250 look at the 222 Fisherman. In my opinion you will be much closer in price to the 222 if you put a 250 on that 209. Price sounds a little high to me in this market. Good Luck. :D

gw204

Reaction score
No way would I pay $6500 for a factory T-Top. Save your money and go aftermarket. That way you can have it designed to YOUR specs. The T-Top I put on my old 204 was under $3000 and IMHO it was every bit as good as a factory one.