HDS10 and TM260, Trying Shallow

Kenlahr

Reaction score
The weather has kept us from the edge and getting this system in truly deep water. So, I spent some time IVO Bloody Point in the 130 to 160 foot area. Running from my back yard, South Creek into West River we cross some shallow water at low tide. I thought I would have a look at the TM260 in the shallows. I did not expect the 1kw narrowbeam ducer do do so hot. You be the judge.
shot%203.png

Above is the "channel" out of South Creek. I have to cross a ridge before entering the West River. It can be a tric at low tide. Below is good look at it:
shot%2025.png

Kenlahr

Reaction score
There are a few wrecks/obstructions out that way in the deeper water. I spend some time working the TM260 and HDS10 software; trying to figure it all out. There are loads of options.
Going NW
shot%2017.png

Going east:
shot%2018.png

Kenlahr

Reaction score
There is another obstruction a little deeper, but I have never seen much down there. I went over it with the 260 hoping to get something better. Not much there. Inthe left bottom lock window, you can see that I went over it twice, on different headings:
shot%2012.png

Strikezone

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Above is the "channel" out of South Creek. I have to cross a ridge before entering the West River. It can be a tric at low tide. Below is good look at it:
shot%2025.png

I can see why you've got channel in quotes. Not much room for error in there. How'd you make it through with 18" water?

Kenlahr

Reaction score
I can see why you've got channel in quotes. Not much room for error in there. How'd you make it through with 18" water?

Motor up, trim bow aall the way down, approach at about 3 to 5 kts then pull the throttels to "N" and coast over bringing the props all the wat up, but still wet. Its a trick, and only this bad when we have a low low tide and the wind is out of the north. Been doing it for 12 years. The neighbors LOVE to see me come in with the Canyon Draggin' and watch me put her on the trailer.