Head Level Issues

danleston

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
The indicator for the head on my 33 Express marks Mid after I have it pumped out. Anyone have any issues with the level indicators? I'm thinking something is stuck. May try to see if I can find something this weekend. Any advice will be helpful.

Fishtales

Reaction score
You probably have a sticky tank float. I'd try flushing the system a few times (water only) and see if you can loosen. Maybe a treatment or two. If that doesn't work, you'll have to go dumpster diving.

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I'd try filling and flushing with good clean water and some holding tank additive and then pumping out via the seacock discharge when off shore. Could be the pump out is not reaching the bottom and it really isn't pumped out completely or you have a dirty level sensor. A clogged tank vent can prevent complete pump out and even invert the duck bill valves. The auto shut off system for the on board discharge pump will often shut off early so I'll hold it on until I get steady green empty light.

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I did what Halfhitch suggested. I used an outside the tank monitor too but it was a SCAD Solo Tank Monitor. 1570974491187.png

danleston

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Very helpful info. Thanks all. Will try to flush out a few times and then go with the new tank monitor if that doesn't work. Thanks again