head pumpout.

jekyl

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
when i press the head pumpout button the circuit breaker ( custom mod) trips. Where would you, or most likely me, start to look?
I believe the holding tank is under the helm position. Is there a pump there also? And what should I be looking for ? cheers and thanks for your help.

Fishermanbb

Reaction score
This could be one of several issues. Not to offend - But are you sure you opened the seacock? If not, you would build up pressure, overheat the pump and possibly trip the breaker.

Assuming that isn't the issue - There should only be one pump: Between the holding tank and the seacock - It "Sucks" the contents of the tank and then pushes it out of the seacock. If you installed the breaker yourself try bypassing it and see if the pump comes on. As far as I know there is no manual way to activate the pump so You'll have to diagnose your way back to the pump and if you find nothing you may have a bad macerator (Pump).

Do you have an electric head? I can't remember if the head on a 265 is electric or manual. If it is electric make sure the "Head" is turned on also. I believe the 265 is a saltwater head. Make sure the saltwater intake is shut off and only the discharge is open. Good luck - That's a "crappy" problem to have.

jekyl

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Thanks but discharge seacock is open........It appears to be electrical and it's in a CRAPPY location. I'm not sure how you remove or service it even; there is a small hatch above the tank, but that's about it. I'm wondering if i can bypass the tank and go straight to the discharge seacock without sinking the boat!!!!

I have installed an electric loo with it's own macerator and i like the idea of simple solutions, also the Groco looks like it is a problem waiting to happen in a difficult environment.

Kenlahr

Reaction score
Haydn,
is the switch for the pump on that new pannel? It sounds like you are going to have to shot gun it by eliminating the pannel and going straight to the pump to determine where the fault is.

I confirmed the plumbing on my 282 as I described it to you.

Ken