Head Scratchers

MashpeeMan

Reaction score
With great weather in New England this weekend kicking off a whole lot of boating on the Cape I was reminded that as great as boating is, there are always a few knuckleheads on the water. As I've aged I've learned to basically ignore them. No need ruining a great day on the water getting into it with somebody who has no clue (or no consideration). My head-scratcher from yesterday was this guy on Sampsons Island in Osterville on the Cape. There were a ton of boats on the island... some were anchored off the beach and some were right on the beach as always. As I was heading in to beach my 192 a guy anchored to my port-side started yelling and waving his arms... "hey watch my anchor line!!!!!" Anyway, he was referring to his stern line which he had extended approximately 75-100' (from his stern to the anchor) in about 2-3' of depth. I raised my motor and drifted over the line but was thinking, WTF... as I anchored near the shore and basically just over his stern anchor. It wasn't long before somebody else tried to get between our boats and he started yelling at them. Normally there would have been plenty of room between the boats (other than the fact that his stern line was so stupidly positioned). In my younger days I would have gotten into a confrontation (and I did say a few words to the affect of, "what are you thinking")... but no use ruining a great day on the water! K9eTU19nR%aneUlVKSv5kg.jpg