Head with pump out

Grady White Guy

Reaction score
Does anyone have a portable head with a deck pump out? Where is the water coming from when you pump the water into it? Does come from the fresh water tank in the boat? outside salt water? or the upper fresh water reservoir on the portable head? Thanks!

grady33

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Depends on boat. On my 272 sailfish, saltwater was drawn into by manual pump in head. On my 330 express, water comes from freshwater tank so no saltwater.

River Rat

Reaction score
If it's a portable head, the flush water comes from the fresh water tank on the toilet itself....the top half of the toilet. If there is plumbing to the toilet ( as opposed to from the toilet), it's probably fresh water. Try tasting it.......just kidding!

Grady White Guy

Reaction score
It's the portable type, but with plumbing for a deck pump out. So the water could be coming from anywhere. :bang

grady33

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Try adding the pink antifreeze or dye to your freshwater tank and see what happens when you flush the toilet. Mid it shows up, it is freshwater.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
If it's truly a standard "porta potti" with a pump out, then it just draws water from it's built-in tank. A "pump out" consists of a large hose and a small hose. Unless you have a third hose going to the backside (which a normal porta potti wouldn't have) of the head, you don't draw water from an external source. Let us know and we can help from there.

acefalo

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 225
If it's truly a standard "porta potti" with a pump out, then it just draws water from it's built-in tank. A "pump out" consists of a large hose and a small hose. Unless you have a third hose going to the backside (which a normal porta potti wouldn't have) of the head, you don't draw water from an external source. Let us know and we can help from there.
I have a 2003 tournament with a ports opti with a pump out and draws fresh water from built in tank.(which also supplies my fresh water shower). This is new to me and I can’t get the toilet to flush with fresh water. The water pump does work as mynfreah water shower works. On the last back side of the toilet is a manual pump that I assume is supposed to activate the fresh water? Any help would be great to get this up and going so I can keep the boss happy. Thanks!

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I had a 2004 Gulfstream and it it was lumber to a Y valve for either pumpout or overboard discharge. The porta potti had its own water tank which was filled with fresh water. This was the factory installed head for that size boat and year.