Heading home with my Gulfstream

Bird Blaster

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Finally picked up my Gulfstream!!

Boat was purchased in January. Few small items fixed up in FLorida, imported to Canada recently.

Took the 19hrs round trip journey and traveled 1600km to pick it up. No issues with pickup. Drive back was pretty uneventful, definitely had my F150 working harder than it has in the past. Overall the truck did very well and the only real excitement was the 2 moose on the side of the road at dusk. Very thankful they didn't step on the road!! I am really looking forward to going through the boat tomorrow.

Very excited to have this on home soil and in my driveway!!!! Now just need the snow and ice to melt.

Attachments

• 1615685972128257.jpeg
    1615685972128257.jpeg
    203.6 KB · Views: 32

Rlloyd

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Congrats! What year? I'm just completing the purchase of my own Gulfstream in Monterey, CA. Mine's 2003, so it needs some work, but overall is in pretty good shape. I have three weeks to get it seaworthy, learn its systems, and provision it before salmon season starts.

FYI, the previous owner strongly recommended a 3/4T diesel truck to pull it out of the water. In my case, my son-in-law's Silverado 2500 Duramax.

Last edited:

Bird Blaster

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Mine is a 2008 with twin 200's.

I don't think the 1/2T will have any issues pulling out of the water after my trip yesterday.

Had a chance to go through it this AM. It needs a GOOD cleaning. Very dirty from the trip so far.

Have to do a full systems check, but the only thing I think I need to work on right now is the radio as it isn't working. Hopefully something minor!

Queets30#

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Congratulations!

Just had my new to me 2005 Gulf Stream delivered to Oregon from Florida a week ago. Going through everything now and will be fishing spring salmon within a couple weeks

trapper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Good for you! Enjoy the new "yacht" !!! With the present Covid restrictions, any issue crossing the border with your new Gulf Stream in tow?

Fishtales

Reaction score
Congrats... Always sweeter when the work to make it happen is tougher than normal. Get her wet and enjoy!

Reactions: Bird Blaster

GradyGuy3420

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Congratulations. My parents had 232's for 10+ years and we enjoyed the heck out of them. You can do pretty much anything you want - fish, cruise, beach, family, travel. If you have any questions don't hesitate to reach out. Enjoy!

Bird Blaster

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
I'm very excited to get it into the water. Sitting in the driveway it looks so BIG for a 23' boat. Hope it feels that way on Lake Superior too (I suspect it will!)

Reactions: jbloom

GradyGuy3420

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I'm very excited to get it into the water. Sitting in the driveway it looks so BIG for a 23' boat. Hope it feels that way on Lake Superior too (I suspect it will!)

Don’t you worry, it will. You really feel like your in a 25-26’. Super stable. We had F150s on ours and were always satisfied. I suspect you’re going to love those 200s. Keeping her in a slip? Mooring?

Bird Blaster

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Don’t you worry, it will. You really feel like your in a 25-26’. Super stable. We had F150s on ours and were always satisfied. I suspect you’re going to love those 200s. Keeping her in a slip? Mooring?
At my camp it will stay on a boat lift (likely 70%) of the time and then I will keep it in the marina in town for the other portion.

Reactions: GradyGuy3420

Fishtales

Reaction score
Finally picked up my Gulfstream!!

Boat was purchased in January. Few small items fixed up in FLorida, imported to Canada recently.

Took the 19hrs round trip journey and traveled 1600km to pick it up. No issues with pickup. Drive back was pretty uneventful, definitely had my F150 working harder than it has in the past. Overall the truck did very well and the only real excitement was the 2 moose on the side of the road at dusk. Very thankful they didn't step on the road!! I am really looking forward to going through the boat tomorrow.

Very excited to have this on home soil and in my driveway!!!! Now just need the snow and ice to melt.

Great news and timing for spring! Enjoy the new ride.