Hello and thanks

artwhitting

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Hello GW forum. Thanks for the having this site, as I have used it several times over the past few months saving me a lot time and frustration.

My bud and I picked up a '89 overnighter, Yamaha 175 (120) on all cylinders and a sweet hard top. The interior is cherry and it has a new gas tank.

We used this forum to fix a broken deck drain and transom boot. Also have been pre-planning the motor replacement just in case. 150hp or 200hp? not sure yet.

After going thru the hull and since fishing is slow in SOCal, we decided to do a complete rewire from battery switch to console to radio box. We added new switch panel, fuse boxes and PDU's. This is still WIP, but it's almost done. The original harness had been bypassed by a hack fixit quick job for too many devices. The boat has about 24 devices that need connections excluding the engine gauges.

We need to replace the hydraulic cylinder, but have a good used one available, the problem is getting the old one off. Probably a job for the cutting torch.

I little scrubbing, wax, buffer and decals and she'll be tight.

Thanks again.

Salud

Art