Hello and trailer selection help needed

Uncle Binky

Reaction score
I needed another service truck with a crane and liftgate, and found one 45 minutes from the trailer yard. My wife flew down yesterday, and picked up the truck this morning. She's on her way to get the trailer now.

Attachments

• 2005 F550.jpg
    2005 F550.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 1,360

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I'm guessing the boat is on the trailer by now and you are headed west? Any updated pictures?

Uncle Binky

Reaction score
She's actually just arrived home this morning after a 4100 mile drive. The engine took a crap outside of Bismark, ND, so she arranged to have it repaired there, bought a F250 with the 6.7, and continued on her way the next day. Two days from Miami to Boston, a day there to load the boat and have dinner with our son @ BC, then Sunday breakfast with the daughter in New Haven, CT before charging hard back to the ranch. Lost a day to the Ford thing, but she made the trip across in 4 days of driving. The boat and trailer look to be in great shape - gotta get the soap and water out this weekend... now one or both of us will have to fly to Bismark to get truck #1.

Attachments

• Truck&Boat.jpg
    Truck&Boat.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 1,321

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Congrats on getting her home. Unfortunately it looks like the Grizwalds (summer vacation reference) had a cheaper cross country trip! Ouch!

Uncle Binky

Reaction score
At least we didn't lose Grandma off the roof... Now we are working out details to get back to Richardton, ND to pick up the truck she left there for repairs. It'll all be fine in the end, I'm sure. And I love my wife for all the good things she does for us.

Derros

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
I bought a Load Rite "Elite" about 2 years ago. Because I don't trailer a lot and I don't go into salt water, I didn't upgrade on a few items, but did on others. Buying from Pirate Marine in Ohio netted the best deal I could find and he set up the trailer for an additional $75. Worth every penny IMO. The tongue weight was perfect and the bunks were also spot on. He also ships all over the US. I also thought the pricing for options was very reasonable. I paid extra for:
- deluxe bunk system. IMO marginally less support than custom, but way better than most standard bunk systems.
- radial tires balanced. Radials give the best ride, run the coolest, and have the least rolling resistance. Balancing reduces wear on bearings and axles.
- led lights. Most agree led ' s are less prone to failure than incadecents. I even leave mine plugged in while dunking.
- frame mounted spare tire. Out of the way when you need to walk the trailer for loading.
- guide poles. I can load this baby solo in minutes! Centers perfectly on the trailer every time even with wind and current.
- drop jack. Seems silly, but worth the extra $50. I only have to crank the jack about 3" to take the trailer off the truck. We'll built and sturdy too.
- swing tongue. Makes the trailer about 3-4 feet shorter. Not sure if they make one for your size trailer, but nice to have to give more room if stored indoors.
- synthetic rope or straps for the winch are fabulous! Easy to handle.
If you trailer regularly, I would also consider the stainless hardware, stainless brake systems, and tinned wires with grounds.
Local bookkeeping services http://yourbooksontime.com/bookkeeping-services

Congratulations on the boat and good luck getting her home!

how was the issue with the tax service resolved?

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Derros, why are you inserting links in other people's quotes?