Helm Chair

Tucker

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Gents,
Boat I just bought has a crappy bucket style helm seat that is broken. Not sure if this was the stocker or what. Like to replace it with one of those ladder back helm seats I see on other Grady's. Any idea who makes the chair? Looks similar to a Pomanette Pro Series. At about $500, I'm wondering if the inexpensive knock-off's (Wise or Todd) chairs are any good. Thanks Guys!

HaleNalu

Reaction score
I have a Pompanette Grady chair on my port side that I will be getting rid of as soon as I find the companion seat or have one made. It is off a 2005 GW 282.

cgmiller

Reaction score
Tucker,

There is a Grady ladder back helm seat for sale on ebay for about $250. I have bought a half dozen of the Todd 1000 helm seats and will probably buying a pair of them over the winter for the 23 Gulfstream that I recently acquired. I liked them and thought they were very comfortable.

Tucker

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Thanks Guys,
CG I checked Ebay and no luck. I looked for Grady White helm seat in ebay motors, parts & accessories, & boats. What am I doing wrong? At $250 I think I'll suck that up if it's in good shape. The Todd seats only come in white right? Do they go right on the Grady slider? Thanks Again!

cgmiller

Reaction score
Tucker,

Then auction must have ended. There was only 1 so I did not pick it up as I want to replace both of my original seats. The Todd seats only come in white as far as I am aware. The original grady seat sliders are a little different. I bought a new pedestal and slider and I had to make some modifications to the bottom of my original seat to get it to fit as the slider had a level in the front that released the seat to spin and the bolt holes did not match up, so I had to screw directly into the bottom of the seat..

onofishing

Reaction score
Tucker,

If you still need a helm chair, I have the ones that came on my 2005 Marlin. Let me know.

Phil

Tucker

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Thanks Phil,
Are these the traditional ladder back chair like used on the Sailfish? I'll check for some pics. Are they in good shape and what's the asking price? Thanks

onofishing

Reaction score
These are the ones that came on the boat. Great shape but I am a big guy and I replaces them with larger chairs.

http://www.scopinich.com/Helm_Seat.html

Send me a PM with your email and I will send you some pics. I have no use for them, so tell me what you think they are worth. Give me a zip code and I will get a shipping cost.

BTW, the bases are still on the chairs.

Phil