helm chairs for 1997 208 adventure

PenniJ

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
helm chair very very wobbly. why and how to fix.

seasick

Reaction score
The wobble can be caused by two things; a worn or missing pedestal bushing ( a cylindrical plastic sleeve that fits between the pedestal and the seat slider locking sleeve ) or more likely, the nylon seat slide bushings that fit between the two parts of the seat slider.
There is a post on this forum from a member who found a source for the slider bushing. The first part I mentioned is easy to find, thee later is hard. Search the forum for seat slides, bushings etc and you should be able to fine the thread.

The whole slider mechanism can be replaced assuming you can get the screws out from the old one. All you need is the measurements of the spacing of the four seat screws.
The exact seat is no longer made but there are some models that would fit. Look at Todd seats. Note that the 208 seats are relatively narrow and need to be to allow the seat to rotate around.

Fishtales

Reaction score
I'd replace the mounts with a fixed height one. The stock mounts offer decent adjustability but wear and eventually rock in my experience.

PenniJ

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
The wobble can be caused by two things; a worn or missing pedestal bushing ( a cylindrical plastic sleeve that fits between the pedestal and the seat slider locking sleeve ) or more likely, the nylon seat slide bushings that fit between the two parts of the seat slider.
There is a post on this forum from a member who found a source for the slider bushing. The first part I mentioned is easy to find, thee later is hard. Search the forum for seat slides, bushings etc and you should be able to fine the thread.

The whole slider mechanism can be replaced assuming you can get the screws out from the old one. All you need is the measurements of the spacing of the four seat screws.
The exact seat is no longer made but there are some models that would fit. Look at Todd seats. Note that the 208 seats are relatively narrow and need to be to allow the seat to rotate around.

Thanks, Seasick. I will search forums. Grady dealer near me in Lake Geneva, WI. does not work on boats over 20 years old.

seasick

Reaction score
I'd replace the mounts with a fixed height one. The stock mounts offer decent adjustability but wear and eventually rock in my experience.
OEM pedestals on the 208 are not height adjustable.