Helm light replacement

96grady

Reaction score
Need to replace my dual switch helm light on a 96 Marlin. Can I just replace one switches (red/white switch, not the cockpit)? Or where can I buy the the whole assembly?[/b]

generalee

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I posted this a couple of days ago in the General Discussion Forum:

I experienced switch problems in this dome light on my 05 232 Gulfstream. After removing the switch I found it to be a Judco switch. I ordered the replacement switch from Judco. I believe the shipping cost more than the switch. Google Judco and you will get right to their web site. My replacement switch was: J-188A-5, Judco inventory no 40-3657-00, Type SPDT (On A, off, On B). Hope this is of value to you.

jrem

Reaction score
Apologies to bring this back from the dead, but on the same topic...

On my 98 Gulfstream the helm light is not working, and the switch for spreaders sometimes works. Reading this thread it sounds like it could be switch issues, but could the bulbs for the helm lights be bad too? And if so, how does it come off, I played with it for a while the other day and kept scratching my head.

Thanks!

96grady

Reaction score
Look for the ground up in the box for loose connection first. The light cover should come off by prying with a small screwdriver (carefully). The light bulbs are available at hardware stores. If it is the switches you can get them from Judco from the previous thread. I,ll bet its the ground? "Sometime Light", its always the ground. There is a fuse panel in the box that the ground attaches to that cause a problem with my spreaders.

jrem

Reaction score
Great - I will take a look for the ground and see if that does it for the spreaders. Could be a lose connection. The helm light has not come on, so I will take a look at the bulb and the switch.

Thanks!