HELM-SEAT-ARM-REST-REPAIR-RECONDITION-VINYL-PLASTIC-DYE-FOR-GRADY-WHITE

seasick

Reaction score
I had a friend who used to paint the vinyl with spray Rustoleum. It lasted two years or so and is a lot less expensive than that product.
Let us know how it holds up over time.

bartoma

Reaction score
I soaked mine in bleach for four days and they came out nearly spotless...

Fishtales

Reaction score
The paint looks super. Probably helps with the stickiness of the arms. I remember those arms seemed to grab everything (shirt, shorts and anything else fabric).

Bayhouse

Reaction score
Update - just did a search and found a few threads on this exact topic on THT. Seems like the SEM product in my link above in "Sea Ray Alabaster" is a pretty close match and can be had on the SEM website for $16. You need a few other products to do the job right and I just placed the order. $47 bucks for all three plus shipping. I added a $4 scraper to get the $5 shipping.

g0tagrip

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Prep was cleaning off the sweat/suntan lotion goo. I used a solution of dawn soap, hydrogen peroxide, and baking soda. I tablespoon of the soap, and hydrogen peroxide, and then as much baking soda to make a thick goo to spread on the arms. Wait one hour and then wash off with a scrubby pad.

seasick

Reaction score
I have a love / hate relationship with Magic Erasers. Often they work quite well but what you don't see is that they are more abrasive than you might think and as a result, it is pretty easy to wear through the protective coating on vinyl. They can also wear through gel coat.

Angler Management

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I have a love / hate relationship with Magic Erasers. Often they work quite well but what you don't see is that they are more abrasive than you might think and as a result, it is pretty easy to wear through the protective coating on vinyl. They can also wear through gel coat.
Agreed. Worked ok on the arms though. I’m gonna try the paint trick next.