Helm Seat Cushion Sailfish

Tucker

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Gents,
The seat cushions slide around on the fiberglass seat deck. Yea, all the snaps are there and it moves about an inch in all directions. One of the snap staps is breaking off because of the movement. Always standing up, sitting down, adjusting seat fore & aft. Thinking about glueing velcro or something to the cushions and seat to hold them still. Anybody else have this problem?

grady33

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Yep. I have the same problem. Not a big fan of this seat and have had problems with the slider. My stand actually snapped off during my last tripnin october and a fell back but caught myself luckily. Not sure what you can do except put more snaps on.

Tucker

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Thanks Dave, yea I remember your post with the pic, couldn't believe it! Well what I did to help the problem is grease the bushing. Yea, not recommended, but helps when scooching around trying to rotate the seat or move it back and forth.

Hey, sent you a pm a week or so ago, maybe it didn't go through. Since we're in the same climate I asked about winterizing the wash down pump. The PO (from Eastern Shore) said he had to remove the pump every winter or it would crack. Seems like a PIA and wonder what you do.

grady33

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I don't do that. I keep the boat on a lift and remove the hoses attached to it (both sides and try and pour some antifreeze in it ... then shoot it with some lube or something. Current pump is about 3-4 years old. So far so good. I would think you could attach a hose in a jug of antifreeze on bottom intake and suck it in that way.