Helm Seat Mount for Adventure 20

Mgaul1

Reaction score
I have a ‘95 Adventure 208.

I wanted to install taller helm seats now that I have a full enclosure in order to give me more visibility over the bow.

I noticed the base mount on the Adventure is unique in that it’s not a perfect circle and has a notch taken out to allow the chairs to fit in the relatively small cockpit area.

Has anyone installed taller seats on their Adventure? If so, what did you do about the current situation with the seat mount?

Is it possible to just get the tube replaced so I can use the original base, or do I need to buy the entire assembly?

Any info is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Mike

seasick

Reaction score
Mgaul1 said:
I have a ‘95 Adventure 208.

I wanted to install taller helm seats now that I have a full enclosure in order to give me more visibility over the bow.

I noticed the base mount on the Adventure is unique in that it’s not a perfect circle and has a notch taken out to allow the chairs to fit in the relatively small cockpit area.

Has anyone installed taller seats on their Adventure? If so, what did you do about the current situation with the seat mount?

Is it possible to just get the tube replaced so I can use the original base, or do I need to buy the entire assembly?

Any info is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Mike
I was never able to find a D shaped base for my 208 and I needed to raise the seat as I grew 'shorter'. I really wanted to be able to adjust but ended up with this extender
https://www.arrigonidesign.com/pedestal ... -extender/

I did have to cut it to make it a bit less added height than the standard part and cutting it is not easy. If you dont have the skills or equipment you might want to find a machine shop. The hard part is figuring how much you want to raise the pedestal. I think the adapter gives 6 inches of height out of the box. I cut off about 2 1/2 inches from mine. One way to measure is to use your current arrangement (including cushion if you use it) and add a layer or layers something firm on it to see how the height feels.Once you got a good height, measure the thickness of the padding you added.
The adapter is very well made and slips over the existing post. It has a bolt that you tighten to lock it in place.

Mgaul1

Reaction score
Mike[/quote]
I was never able to find a D shaped base for my 208 and I needed to raise the seat as I grew 'shorter'. I really wanted to be able to adjust but ended up with this extender
https://www.arrigonidesign.com/pedestal ... -extender/

I did have to cut it to make it a bit less added height than the standard part and cutting it is not easy. If you dont have the skills or equipment you might want to find a machine shop. The hard part is figuring how much you want to raise the pedestal. I think the adapter gives 6 inches of height out of the box. I cut off about 2 1/2 inches from mine. One way to measure is to use your current arrangement (including cushion if you use it) and add a layer or layers something firm on it to see how the height feels.Once you got a good height, measure the thickness of the padding you added.
The adapter is very well made and slips over the existing post. It has a bolt that you tighten to lock it in place.[/quote]

Thanks Seasick. That’s (almost) perfect! I actually would like one with about 10” extension though. I am looking to get my view over the glass so I can see out of my new custom enclosure that has zip down windows. Almost like a little bridge. Thanks again

seasick

Reaction score
If you go too high, number one, your feet wont reach the floor and more importantly, your legs will bump into the steering wheel especially if you need to place your feet on the foot rest