Helm Seats

Tuna Man

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Our 2006 Marlin helm seat (starboard side) recently cracked at the base. In addition the armrests have not fit this seat properly since we purchased the boat used in 2008. Overall while the seat itself still looks pretty good, I'm not too happy with it.

I'm strongly considering replacing the entire seat to the drop-front style as it would allow me to stand and drive or sit and drive without fighting with the slider mechanism on a regular basis. This can prove especially difficult when underway in not so calm seas.

I'm hoping those that have upgraded their seats can offer some advise. I'd also like to hear from those with the newer style "deluxe helm seat II and III" owners.

Thanks in advance,
Scott

REBThunderroad

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I happen to have the same seats on my 2005 Marlin. Oddly enough I found them on craigs list and sold my original seats for the same price. Good boat math as they look better and more comfortable…I digress. The pompanette seats you have are model "2005" in GW creme. I believe these seats were originally designed in 2005 fore the 2006 model year GW,s. My arm rests started getting "chalky" I called Pompanette and they warranteed my arms. I would call them...
The seats are real expensive. I have sat on the fold up deluxe seats. They are nice…if you have a companion seat to port probably worth the upgrade to the better seat. I do hate the slider when its rough!

Meanwhile

Reaction score
I have that seat on my 2007 Marlin and it is squeaky and moves in the rough weather. I'm working with Pompanette parts to get a new base, the screw in tightener keeps getting loose after an hour. I wish I had the passenger seat but have the bench seat. That is usually uncomfortable for passengers. They find themselves bouncing more than a seat with arms.

As an aside, I'm about to take apart my left arm on the seat as it no longer locks into place. The parts department at Pompanette is very helpful with descriptions and cautions about taking apart the chairs. Call them if you have issues.