Helm seats

mleads310

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I think those lebrocs are nice, but I honestly like having the armrest, also those lebrocs are out of my price range. I figure for $450 I can have armrest, flip up leaning post style, and front/rear flip position. My only concern is if it'll bolt directly into the existing seat bracket?

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
KY, in post #4, it looks like 2 black knobs under the passenger seat. Does that seat have a slider also? My passenger seat only has a swivel, and will not rotate fully. Mine are like the seats in the link in post #14, with the arm rests coming straight up from the center of the seat.

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Glacier,,,, both my seats swivel and slide. The knob you see in the front locks the seat in place from rotating, the small silver screw to the left adjusts tension on the swivel and the paddle on the right is the slide release.

20210301_051829.jpg

Reactions: glacierbaze

ROBERTH

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I have been happy with these! Tempress and have option for low back or high back. Mine are the low back versions so when I spin around, the back is not hitting the tower as much as it would if high back. When I lean back, no issues with comfort and I don't miss a high back seat.
1614873989013.png
1614874017613.png

mleads310

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Ok so I just ordered this and hoping it's as comfy as it looks. The measurements online don't seem any wider than. The stock chair I have. I'll follow up after the order comes in.

Attachments

• 17075086_4_FUL.jpg
    17075086_4_FUL.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 7
  • 17075086_FUL.jpg
    17075086_FUL.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 9

mleads310

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I have been happy with these! Tempress and have option for low back or high back. Mine are the low back versions so when I spin around, the back is not hitting the tower as much as it would if high back. When I lean back, no issues with comfort and I don't miss a high back seat.
View attachment 19165
View attachment 19166

Off topic question, is that white square cover above your keys a si-tex auto pilot? I only ask because I have one and am clueless after 3 years how to operate it.

Fishtales

Reaction score
The Llebroc is a Marlin. There are 2 widths. 26" and 24". I went with the 24" to mitigate arm interference. The back I went with is white. They offer a cream, but it is darker according to Llebroc and GW uses a custom color that they don't stock. The color that GW uses for the vinyl is Voyager Sand. If you contact Llebroc ask for Kitsi, she will assist.

Drifter80

Reaction score
Ok so I just ordered this and hoping it's as comfy as it looks. The measurements online don't seem any wider than. The stock chair I have. I'll follow up after the order comes in.
Those look nice, I like the flip up bolster. Do they fit the stock pedestal or do you need to replace that as well?

mleads310

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Just installed it. Couple of notes. It's much more supportive than the seat I replaced. If you are sitting on the side where bolster can flip up, it sorta makes you sit up right correctly. If you switch positions and sit opposite of the flip up boslter (fixed position), it's more roomy and loungy if that makes sense? On long trips I could see myself using the side where I can't flip the bolster and on shorter runs I'd use the flip bolster side.

The armrest are lower than the original chair, and also have a nice curve to it, which does not catch my shirt!!!

Bad news tho. I used the original pedastal and slide track. The mounting holes on slide track from the original seat do not line up. I had to drill new holes in the track to accommodate the pattern. Over the winter I will probably buy the correct track because it sticks out slightly on the non flip bolster side.

I'll take some pictures tomorrow and post them up.

DDst

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Just installed it. Couple of notes. It's much more supportive than the seat I replaced. If you are sitting on the side where bolster can flip up, it sorta makes you sit up right correctly. If you switch positions and sit opposite of the flip up boslter (fixed position), it's more roomy and loungy if that makes sense? On long trips I could see myself using the side where I can't flip the bolster and on shorter runs I'd use the flip bolster side.

The armrest are lower than the original chair, and also have a nice curve to it, which does not catch my shirt!!!

Bad news tho. I used the original pedastal and slide track. The mounting holes on slide track from the original seat do not line up. I had to drill new holes in the track to accommodate the pattern. Over the winter I will probably buy the correct track because it sticks out slightly on the non flip bolster side.

I'll take some pictures tomorrow and post them up.
Hello any pics of the install ? what make and model is that seat ?
Thanks DD

mleads310

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Model # 17075086 Springfield twin 46 flip up.

I thought I took pictures and for whatever reason I can't find them in my phone. I'm going back to the marina and another week to hopefully pick up my boat from getting the yearly maintenance done. I'll snap some pics and put them up. If you have any questions to ask me to try to answer the best I can.

ROBERTH

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Off topic question, is that white square cover above your keys a si-tex auto pilot? I only ask because I have one and am clueless after 3 years how to operate it.

Sorry, I don't get email notifications anymore so don't know anyone asked a question. That white square is the Raymarine Depth finder which is so hard to see, I never use it, but I have my Lowrance HDS's to do that anyhow. I use the Lowrance autopilot which works great.

Mleslie347

Reaction score

Thanks to you and Omer for the info and posting your follow-up pics. Have been debating that flip back seat for my 268 for a couple of years, but was never quite sure how they'd fit or look once installed - so just been procrastinating. The new version with the flip up bolster finally pushed me off the fence so will probably get one on order this spring. I tend to stand 75% of the time while running and then hours salmon trolling, so being able to flip the seat and face aft will be a welcome relief to my back/neck from having to twist sideways half the time to keep an eye on all of the rods.

Figure I'd need new cushions for the current ladderback this season anyway, so better to sink the money in to a new seat.

Just curious on the flip up bolster version with the armrests - are the armrests removable at all? Not a show-stopper but would add an extra inch of two of clearance between the helm and lounge seat on my Islander.

mleads310

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Not sure if they were removable, but I will double check this week and report back. If I remember correctly they were built into the frame, but I check to make sure and take pics.

Mleslie347

Reaction score
Not sure if they were removable, but I will double check this week and report back. If I remember correctly they were built into the frame, but I check to make sure and take pics.

Appreciate the reply. I ended up finding a pretty good picture of the underside of the seat at an online merchant. Looks like they may be removable by un-bolting the plates they are welded to on the bottom of the seat, but that might also be the plate that the flip back mechanism is attached to. Either way, not a big deal if the armrests have to stay- I just ordered one regardless.

Appreciate the offer though, but no need to take up any of your time taking more pics. The ones you already took were enough to convince me :) .

Thanks again.