Help establishing boat value

mrzeeno98

Reaction score
To document an insurance claim in litigation, I need to establish the value of my 1996 Sailfish 272 with twin Mercury 200 EFIengines on Nov. 12, 2009. Can anyone point me to a resource to be able to accurately ascertain the true market value of the boat and equipment at that point in time? Any replies would be most appreciated. You can email me directly if you would like - localtvguy@comcast.net.

Thanks

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
Start with a local Grady dealer. I'd think you'd have to get historical data on 'true market value' from those who bought/sold that model boat in that time frame ...

Bob's Cay

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Not to be critical, but I would start by making a list of the boat, engines, and all options, accessories, electronics, etc. Include model numbers. For instance you list 200 HP Mercury HPDI's. Yamaha makes the HPDI and I would venture it will make a noteable difference in value based on the actual manufacturer of the engines.

colecaz

Reaction score
If you can find a friendly broker, I think Yachtworld.com keeps historical data that a broker can access to determine past sales. Kind of like real estate MLS systems.