Help finding Marine Surveyor in Oxnard/Burbank CA Area?

Pete1313

Reaction score
Hi folks - I've not posted much or maybe at all, but I've been reading here. I think I may have found the Grady I want to purchase. Problem is, I'm in washington state and the boat is in southern Cali. I'm debating whether to drive down and tow it up or pay for shipping....

I need to have a marine survey done though, for my peace of mind and also, because my Credit Union is most likely going to require it.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a reputable marine surveyor familiar with Grady White boats in the Oxnard/Burbank CA area?

Thanks!

Pete

jellyfish

Reaction score
gw

call schock boats at 714-673-2050 they are a huge Grady Dealer down in Newport Beach and can help you with a contact.

Green Mountain Grady

Reaction score
Pete1313,
While I live in Vermont I get around a bit and have been to Schock Boats a number of times for parts. Very good outfit to deal with and will steer you right.

Pete1313

Reaction score
Thanks as well.

I called Schock boats, and while very nice to speak with, they did not give me any recommendations or even names of surveyors. They said brokerage laws in Cali do not permit brokers to recommend surveyors, for fear of "collusion." I understand the purpose of the law, and don't disagree, but they are not even the selling broker.....

She suggested I ask the selling broker to fax me the list out of the local marine guide.

That is what I don't want to do-- close my eyes and point to a name in the yellow pages. We all know there are good ones and bad ones....and even some great ones.....in anything, and that's I'd like to know I'm getting at least a good one.

SO, back to square one

Help?

jellyfish

Reaction score
GW

PM CHRIS CJ he lives down there and will know someone.

KingJ

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
You can try the Marina Shipyard in Long Beach at (562) 594-0995. They may be able to refer you to a reputable surveyor in the area. (I just tried to call and ask myself, but they must be closed due to the T-storms.)

All the best with your new Grady!