Help in Choosing a Trailer

midnight-rider

Reaction score
I'm buyin that 1999 23' gulfstream....I've have not purchased a baot trailer since my last in 1994. I had a EZ Loader for my 20' Overnighter. I've also owned a 1986 19' tournament which came with a loadrite trailer. I would like some feed back to which company is currently making the best trailer. I'm looking at one with a 6400 to 6500 # Cap. I'll also be adding a power winch. also where I could get the best price. I live in Charles CO Md. Thanks again for your help.

A.

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I have an '07 Gulfstream with twin 200 4-strokes.
The trailer I have has tandem axles at 7000 lbs. each. (I recently had the bigger axles installed.)
It has electric brakes, 16-inch heavy-cap tires, the works.

The whole rig, with full fuel and gear weighs 10,100 lbs.

Your '93 may not be that heavy, but it is in your best interest to oversize your trailer in all aspects. 6400-6500 seems iffy to me..

okletsfish

Reaction score
I have a Loadmaster aluminiun I beam bunk trailer for my boat. It is rated for 7000#`s,so as mentioned above you will need a trailer rated for more weight.I have had both types of trailers bunk/rollers and perfer the bunks.There is a guy who owns East Coast Trailers his name is Steve,that I have heard a lot of positive things about.He used to be a sponsor on the THT board,so you might want want to check him out.I got my trailer from S&S marine down in Norfolk Va.and also got treated very good.I would suggest when buying get torsion axles and SS hardwear with LED lights.

*26.8 Ilander

Reaction score
hello, I have the 26.8 Ilander I was trying to find a used trailer for It took about 2 months with no sucsess until I ran a post on gw for sale and wanted. a super guy PM me and had a tripple axel 10500 LB that i did buy.Give that A shot u might get lucky

hotajax

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Load Rite

I have an Adventure, I went with a galvanized LR with double axle. They had a few promotions at the time, and I got radials, silicone rollers, and LED's thrown in for free. Am very happy with the basic functioning of the trailer, except for the lock-out circuit when backing up. The part is made by Tie-down Engineering and it really sucks. I have to disconnect the wiring plug when backing up. Where I fish and where I bought the trailer from are 300 miles apart, and it would be highly impractical to go all the way back to the dealer to bitch about it. The Load Rite is well made. There is a Load Rite dealer in Southern Delaware who gave me a great price, but I ended up buying from a guy (also very good) who was close to where the boat was who could configure the trailer to the boat before I picked up the boat from the broker. The guy in Souther De should be close to you.

gw204

Reaction score
I've owned top of the line trailers in both the galvanized roller and aluminum categories. These include:

Single axle galvanized EZ-Loader roller
Single and tandem axle galvanized Load-Rite roller
Triple axle aluminum Loadmaster bunk
Tandem axle aluminum Hi-Tech Marine bunk

The easiest to use the roller trailers and the one that held up the best of all over time was the Load-Rite.

As far as my AL trailers go, the Hi-Tech blew away the Loadmaster in terms of quality, but it still doesn't measure up to a Load-Rite IMHO.

hotajax

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Great Photo...

One happy kid there. What type of fish is that? I'm an east coast guy too, but I can't quite make out that fish.