Help locating windlass solenoid

Seajuice

Reaction score
Hello. I have a 2005 Sailfish 282 with a Lewmar 600 windlass. Does anyone know where the corresponding solenoid may lie?

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Try the top of the anchor locker. That's where it is on the 330. Should be near the windlass or the circuit breaker.

Seajuice

Reaction score
Thanks! It's not in the anchor locker. I can follow the lines going back into the headliner. Then can follow from the switch and breaker going into the headliner. I don't see where the solenoid could be....

dsi183

Reaction score
Are you sure you have a solenoid? I know the 700 series does not come with a solenoid and after looking at the 600 manual it does not seem to come with one. If you don't have a remote control or foot switches you likely don't have a solenoid. They use a circuit braker and heavy duty switch to control the windless. If you have one you should be able to hear it click when you throw the switch to activate the windless.

Seajuice

Reaction score
That's interesting! There may not be one! The windlass did not have power pulling the line in and I have a broken hand so I hired a guy to come look at it. He said it was probably the solenoid but he couldn't find it. Perhaps just some corroded connections to the breaker them? Thanks!!

Slacktime

Reaction score
There's a guy in the UK who can supply lewmar windlass parts at reasonable prices http://slspares.co.uk/ I bought a replacement motor from him and it came in 3 days. You most likely have a burned out motor if the gears are in good condition. good luck!