Help me with these plugs

Wrestling Coach

Reaction score
DSC02923.jpg

This is a storage area just in front of my doghouse on a 1983 Tournament 190. The two plugs in the right side of the photo what do they do? Which one is going to or coming from what?

Thanks in advance

Fishtales

Reaction score
Hi
Just a guess.
Grady provides black rubber stoppers for the compartments that drain overboard to allow you to fill them with water so they don't drain overboard. Maybe these are for this compartment of belong to another and were stored there?

Wrestling Coach

Reaction score
Fishtales said:
Hi
Just a guess.
Grady provides black rubber stoppers for the compartments that drain overboard to allow you to fill them with water so they don't drain overboard. Maybe these are for this compartment of belong to another and were stored there?
OK That's one idea. Maybe a place you could put trout and salmon on ice when caught? If you look closely there are two holes or pipes and two rubber stoppers.

gw204

Reaction score
One of those drains simply connects the forward bilge to the aft bilge. The other is for the fuel tank compartment. You want a plug in that one whenever the boat is in the water. It prevents any fuel that may leak from the tank from getting into the bilge where ignition sources are present.

I don't know which one is which though.

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
The line in the center is most likely the bilge transfer, but either plugging the gas compartment drain or leaving it open is scary either way.

Wrestling Coach

Reaction score
gw204 said:
One of those drains simply connects the forward bilge to the aft bilge. The other is for the fuel tank compartment. You want a plug in that one whenever the boat is in the water. It prevents any fuel that may leak from the tank from getting into the bilge where ignition sources are present.

I don't know which one is which though.

Thanks gw204 and grog this is becoming clearer. Have a great weekend.