HELP with Fish Finder Hook UP ??

Roadworker

Reaction score
I have a 1991 22 seafarer i am thinking it has one of those factory mounted transduer on it .

Now i need a new Fish finder ( nothing fancy) i now have a old Lowrance x70a that stop working.

If i get a new model machine either Lowrance are something else how do i hook new cable up to existing transducer
1) boat is in water
2) if it is a factory mounted tranduser .

Also can the exiting wires be cut and spliced with new hook up?

any help would be great

thanks all

Strikezone

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Roadworker,
If your old transducer is from 1991 I would replace it while you're upgrading your FF. I think you'll be a lot happier with the results.

Strikezone

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
You'll need to pull it to replace. Make sure you seal your holes with 5200 to keep the water out.

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Roadworker said:
I am guessing no way of replacing while the boat is still in the water correct ?

They do can do the "BIG BOYS" in the water when it's too hard to haul. Either borrow a trailer just to mount the new one or have a yard haul it.

Definitely get a new 'deucer, it's not worth the hastle of worring about the old one. The 'deucer comes with the connector attached, I wouldn't cut it and try to splice.

Seal with 5200 or 4200 not silicone.

Is the old one a thru-hull or a transom mounted model?

Lucky Stars

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
It will take a little research on your part but the wires could be spliced. Remember that no mater what kind of new machine you put in it will only work as well as transducer.
You could get a new 60" plasma but the picture will suffer if you hook it up to a coat hanger antenna.
Good luck!

Roadworker

Reaction score
I am thinking about looking for a used unit of the same model are one with same hook up for now ( which has not been easy)

And in the off season do a whole new hook up, I would hate to tie boat up right now Bass fishing been real good .

Any would know of someone selling a Lowrance X70a are X22 please let me know.

thanks all