Help with fuel consumption please

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I don't know anything at all about fishing, trolling or any of that. The only thing of value I can contribute to this is one factor that hasn't been mentioned.

Rough water can significantly reduce your fuel mileage. If your on the edge, which from reading this you are, a change in conditions could put you dangerously near the bottom of your tank if your return trip is rougher than your outgoing one.

Reactions: Uncle Joe

Uncle Joe

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I don't know anything at all about fishing, trolling or any of that. The only thing of value I can contribute to this is one factor that hasn't been mentioned.

Rough water can significantly reduce your fuel mileage. If your on the edge, which from reading this you are, a change in conditions could put you dangerously near the bottom of your tank if your return trip is rougher than your outgoing one.

Thanks Bill.........we are waiting for the best weather window possible for that very reason......I do have refueling options open to me on the return trip....and I plan on taking stock of the fuel situation constantly and heading for home long before it is an issue.

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Thanks Bill.........we are waiting for the best weather window possible for that very reason......I do have refueling options open to me on the return trip....and I plan on taking stock of the fuel situation constantly and heading for home long before it is an issue.

Sounds like a solid plan: Have a great run and enjoy the rest of the season!

Reactions: Uncle Joe