Help with this compartment

capeguy

Reaction score
This compartment on the tackle station of my Canyon 306 seams useless. Does anyone have one and how do you use it? I cant figure out what fits in it???20191013_114640.jpg

Lite Tackle

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
This compartment on the tackle station of my Canyon 306 seams useless. Does anyone have one and how do you use it? I cant figure out what fits in it???View attachment 9682
Appears to be a rack for trolling lures on the left and knives and pliers on the right. Boatoutfitters.com is a great resource for ideas to make that space work for your needs.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Yep. Hang your hooks, lures as well as trolling or bottom fish set ups on the left. Pliers and knives on the right. Bungie to keep things in place.

Caburke1

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
I have the same boat and same compartment. Yes, the above answers are correct but it seems to me like a space filler that looks good in brochures but doesn't serve any real purpose. Do you really want your pliers stashed away when you're in the heat of the battle? I can see hanging some trolling lures there while fishing but I wouldn't leave anything in there for too long because of rust.

All boats have flaws but so far, I'm really happy with my 306.

capeguy

Reaction score
I have the same boat and same compartment. Yes, the above answers are correct but it seems to me like a space filler that looks good in brochures but doesn't serve any real purpose. Do you really want your pliers stashed away when you're in the heat of the battle? I can see hanging some trolling lures there while fishing but I wouldn't leave anything in there for too long because of rust.

Agree with you and I love my 306 as well, agree with you this seems to be a waste. Can't even fit stuff in there. Would be interested if anyone has found it useful and maybe has a photo of how they use it. I will be looking for another way to use it.

usmm1234

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
This compartment on the tackle station of my Canyon 306 seams useless. Does anyone have one and how do you use it? I cant figure out what fits in it???View attachment 9682

From right to left. Knife slot, fishing pliers slot, knife slot, and the black thing is for hanging lures and fishing Riggs. The rubber band is to keep the lures from bouncing around when your running.

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
A long narrow plastic kitchen drawer organizer fits perfectly in the bottom and works very well for weight storage. It also creates a good place to keep the small bags of gulp etc.

usmm1234

Reaction score
Model
Express 330

Another purpose may be simply so that you can remove entire cabinet and access the plumbing for the livewell. I had to remove the cabinet that holds the tackle tray boxes to change the livewell light. Grady is excellent about serviceability. The only hole I have had to cut was when I replaced the sprayer hose in the bait cooler.
I agree with you about leaving tackle in drawers and compartments. RUST! So many boats like Everglades go way overboard on tackle drawers. I installed them on my Bertram years ago and everything rusted out in 2 months.