help with transducer placement !!

cool change

Reaction score
hi all... i just purchased 1994 overnighter with a 175 yami on it. When i get on plane the transduser is rooster tailing, and spraying all over my engine.. can anyone help with the proper adjustment.!! thanks much

seasick

Reaction score
cool change said:
hi all... i just purchased 1994 overnighter with a 175 yami on it. When i get on plane the transduser is rooster tailing, and spraying all over my engine.. can anyone help with the proper adjustment.!! thanks much

In general the bottom of the transducer should be at or a small amount below or above the level of the hull where the transducer is mounted. The installation instructions for the ducer will tell you where to set it initially.
The ducer should be aligned so that its bottom is parallel to the sea floor at you typical riding angle ( which of course varies as you displace or plane. It's a compromise)
The bottom of the ducer needs to be fully under water but not the whole unit. Think of water skiing.
For me, the important goal is that the transducer 'holds bottom' and not so much the spray.
Good luck