Hey northeast guys

jerseytiger10

Reaction score
Website
www.townmotors.com
Model
Express 360
Anyone else pumped that spring is getting closer? This weather makes me want to wet a line in the back bays. Can’t wait to get out on the water! Just thought I’d share!

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
Once the new motors go on I'll be in the water earlier than ever. We're already thinking about April Tilefish in Hudson canyon and Cod on the way in.
Short(really short) bass should be around in the river. My brother is going to start trying the dock. I will fire up the NJ Fishing Report as soon as we get going....

mleads310

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I'm in Brooklyn and decided to get an early jump by servicing the outboards and boat last month. I'm in the water ready to rock and roll!

B_Darling

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Feeling today's temps and knowing my boat is not yet in the water gives me agita!

Bayhouse

Reaction score
I couldn't stand to shut down this year so took the boat to Florida...fishing has been great in the Keys :eek:

• Love
Reactions: SkunkBoat

Summertop511

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Can’t wait either winter always drags on. Getting the boat ready for the season is just as much fun. Break out the wax and beer lol

seasick

Reaction score
I also have a boat in Brooklyn and one in Jersey. Getting two boats in two states ready for launch is a major chore. I did some work in Jersey but the weather has been a bit raw and some things just can't be done in cooler weather. I dread the bottom sanding and painting part:)
It helps to sort the needed tasks by the 'Can do on land onl'y, 'Can do on land or in the water' AND 'Can do only in the water'.
Often the Can do in water becomes can wait till next year!

Reactions: SkunkBoat

Fishtales

Reaction score
spring? we never had winter :)

seasick

Reaction score
Tell my knuckles and knees that!

kirk a

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I'm standing pat. Been around long enough not to expect a free lunch, and would not be surprised of a late major dump of snow. Still targeting May 1.

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
My marina dictates my date and it is always May 1. I find that as tempting as it may be inland it is still pretty darn cold when I get to the boat yard to do spring commissioning.