HF pressure washer

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
My old gas pressure washer motor blew a seal, leaking out all the oil.
Anybody use one of these Harbor Freight electric pressure washers for end of season hull bottom cleaning?
Is it "good enough"? Is it worth $80?

1585496457373.png

seasick

Reaction score
Although I use a Toro 2700psi gas washernow, I still have my old electric Kratcher which mechanically has held up well. I don't know about the HF models but I highly recommend Kratcher.
The key to longevity for any of these washers is to make sure you winterize if it will be stored in an area that experience below freezing temps. ( Also lube the fittings and o-rings every now and then.)

Topjimmy

Reaction score
Yep I got one and love it and use it on my boat after i pull it out for the season and when it is ready to go back in the spring but mine is in fresh water and it does a good job of removing algae ,stains etc..when you put the power tip on and get close and it also does a great job on my RV rubber roof as well without removing caulking BUT if you are in salt and have barnacles it might have a harder time but heck for 80 bucks they are worth it I use it for alot of things But they do have their limitations

Last edited:
Reactions: SkunkBoat

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
I cannot speak for the HF model, but I have a similar powered electric Ryobi which I have been using on the boat for the last couple seasons. Although not nearly as powerful as my big gas unit it works well for the bottom clean up, around the engines, the non skid etc. The gas one has much higher flow rate so its quicker. That being said it is so much easier dealing with the small electric unit rather then lugging the large heavy gas machine back and forth to the boat.

Reactions: SkunkBoat

dainlaroche

Reaction score
I used to have a gas pressure washer and when it died I bought the Sunjoe SPX200 from Walmart: Sunjoe SPX2000

Similar to drbatts it's not quite as powerful but super easy to use and zero maintenance.

g0tagrip

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I got the one I use on my boat from Home Depot. It is light and powerful, easy to use on the boat. I think it was 90 bucks.

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
I looked at the Harbor Freight one and didn't like the hose. The hose on the floor model was already kinked badly.. I know I would destroy that in one use.
Going to try to look at a SunJoe in Home Depot next chance I get.

bac0701

Reaction score
I had a cheap electric. Served its purpose but didn't last long. I have a gas powered yamaha that i like a lot. Also have a hotsy heated for the tuff stuff

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
I looked at the Harbor Freight one and didn't like the hose. The hose on the floor model was already kinked badly.. I know I would destroy that in one use.
Going to try to look at a SunJoe in Home Depot next chance I get.

I replaced the hose on the Ryobi as the one It came with didn't last that long.