High Quality Fuel Primer Bulb

hotajax

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I can't believe I need to ask this, because I can't believe I had a bulb fail inside of a year.

What manufacturer makes a bulb that won't break in under a year? Can everything at Defender or West Marine be considered trustworthy?

Thanks in advance.

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I use the primer bulb from Yamaha parts. Going on 4 years and no issues.

seasick

Reaction score
It it isn't OEM don't use it based on my experience

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Even high quality items can fail - anything is possible. But as noted above, your chances are better by spending a little more money. Merc and Yamaha both make very good products. I'm sure there are others, but those are definitely good and should be easy to find.

hotajax

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Even high quality items can fail - anything is possible. But as noted above, your chances are better by spending a little more money. Merc and Yamaha both make very good products. I'm sure there are others, but those are definitely good and should be easy to find.
Thanks. Took your advice and spent the extra money for a known high quality company - Yamaha. Jeez, after all we're talking about boats. That hole in the water where you throw money, right? You think boats are bad, try owning an airplane.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Your going to pay one way or the other... Best to go with a brand name in the industry.