holding tank, fresh water pump leak

mhff34

Reaction score
I have two questions. On my sailfish the holding tank always shows 3/4 full even after being pumped out? Second question is fresh water pump turns on every 5 minutes or so for a fraction of a second, I assume I have a leak somewhere any suggestions of first place to look? Thanks in advance.

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
The level sensor is shot in the holding tank or a short in the wires somewhere. The sensor should have a 1 1/2" pipe fitting and shouldn't be that bad to pull and check on an empty tank (but I'd dump a lot of the blue stuff down the toilet before opening it up).

If the hoses are old, just change them there can be a leak at any of the connections. By the time you open all the access ports to inspect the hose connections, you might as well pull new hose. The pump can also be leaking internally.

mhff34

Reaction score
Thanks, any idea how to get at the connection for the sink in the galley next to fridge?

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Your FW tank may be low and you were in rock and roll seas, allowing some air to get into the FW pump inlet then it will cycle,

or

you have a leak.