Holding Tank Macerator Upgrade

Mainegrady

Reaction score
My original Groco submersible pump in the holding tank has finally seized. Instead of going back with the same design, I am considering upgrading to an external pump.

I plan to discard the old pump, but still utilize the top cover plate and fittings. I would like to install the new external pump somewhere on top of the tank and hopefully utilize original 3/4" discharge as the new suction for the external pump.

I was looking at the Jabsco 18590-2092 Macerator pump as the replacement pump.

What do you guys think?

For those that have done something similar, would you mind posting a few pictures and some details?

Thanks in advance

seabob4

Reaction score
What about building a "bridge" out of starboard that would straddle the tank and allow a pump mounting base?

ctcbtr

Reaction score
I got the same boat in a 91 model my graco pump still going, but if I changed over to a external pump I would pick up at the big hose for the deck pump out, not the 3/4 graco discharge, its reduced because the discharge is macerated before being pushed thru the 3/4 line.

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I T'd the 1.5" line for the deck pump-out for the external macerator. As long as the seal is good on the deck fitting things are OK. You're going to need something to cover the hole left by removing the old groco pump. I used a 1/4" sheet of Aluminum to plug the hole and mount the pump. It's tight but stil fits under the aft bunk floor.