Honda 2000 Sailfish transom platform mount

GradyDave

Reaction score
Would like some info on ways/materials to temporary mount my new Honda 2000 genset on the transom platform mostly during calm overnight trips on my 07 282.
Thanks in advance.

ahill

Reaction score
I screwed 2 "L" shaped starboad pieces to the platform to stop the gen. from walking. I also use a foam pad to reduce vibration.

GradyDave

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Do you have any pictures? How thick is the starboard? How thick is the rubber mat and where did you get it? Any and all info is appreciated.
GradyDave

ahill

Reaction score
Starboard is about 3/8" high by 3/4" wide.
Foam pad is a waffle type drawer liner sold at many discount stores by the roll.
I got starboard at a marine surplus store. Size is secondary, 2 straight pieces forming the L will work as well.

HMBJack

Reaction score
Here's what I did when I owned my 265 Express. Worked really good:

1. On your swim step, remove two existing SS bolts holding the swim platform to the SS tube bracing under the swim platform - ie. two that are 18" or 24" apart and in the center of the swim platform if possible.
2. In their place, install two SS eye bolts with washers and bolts under the SS tubing for strength.
3. Take a plastic milk crate and place it vertically between the two eye bolts
4. With e pair of long and strong nylon straps, strap the top handle of the Honda to one of the eye bolts (left) and another to the right eye bolt.
5. Plug your battery charger (nearby) into the Generator. Might need an extension cord and might need to install a 3 prong plug on the 110V wire to your battery charger.

With the above, the generator will be above any wave activity and in a lock down safe mount. Any gas exhaust will, of course, blow down wind and away from your boat when on a sea anchor. When not in use, the empty milk crate (no mainentance since plastic) can hold "stuff" in the cabin somewhere.

Good luck!

ocnslr

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
We use an EU2000 to power up our Islander when needed.

Another option for the connection is to use the Marinco 83A adapter (http://www.marinco.com/product/one-piece-adapter-30-amp-locking-15-amp-straight-blade). It connects directly to your shore power inlet box, then you just use a heavy-duty 120v extension cord from the EU2000 to the adapter. We use a short extension cord when the Honda is on the transom, and a longer one when I put it up forward.

Brian

ocnslr

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
ahill said:
I only mount mine on transom when at anchor.
Too much CO risk when mounted foeward.

But it fits so well up forward, and works so well when trolling.... sort of gets in the way of fishing when on the transom.

I never said I have it in use forward at anchor..

My post was to provide a connectivity option, not to discuss mounting locations.