Honda 2000i Experiences...

SilverLining

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Use a 2000i on our 272 Sailfish, usually at anchor or at a dock. Need some thoughts on use underway in usually calm conditions. Admiral needs A/C, microwave, curler, etc. in the ICW, etc. Unit mounted on S/B side aft of the fish door with an extended run tank on the port side. Currently not on a mount or elevated from deck. Understand CO issues.

Need some thoughts on set-up, salt water splash issues, stowage, and general experience.

Ron

ahill

Reaction score
Please check archives on Honda 2000. I have one on my 272 in use since 2006. Stored at home & taken to the boat when it will be used. I bought a Honda storage cover for it and keep it against the rear bulkhead at livewell on a nonskid pad when not in use. In use it sits on the starboard platform with exhaust facing aft. I used non skid pad under it and secured it to rear cleat when in use. It still walked a bit so I made two L shaped 1/2" thick starboard brackets screwed into rear deck to keep it from moving.
I also rigged a low tech cover for it to keep rain off when it is running and bought a 6 gal external tank, Duration tanks.com, and get 4 nights out of it in Fl heat.
Search archives and you'll find everything you need to know.
I do not run with it for a whole bunch of reasons.
I do have an o2 detector in cabin but its never sounded.

SilverLining

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Thanks Ahill...I had read your posts and they were most helpful last year when I aquired the 2000i. Used your idea concerning the extended run tank and it works well.