Honda 225 pee hole question

dwain

Reaction score
Website
www.bodkinrealty.com
I posted this question on another site, but have not heard back from anyone. My last fishing trip there was no water coming out of the pee hole. Someone mentioned mentioned to run heavy mono from a weed wacker up the pee hole. The mono went up about 12 inches, should it have gone more. If I disconnected the hose portion to the motor and ran water through it, would this come out the pee hole, or does the motor have to be running. Thanks. Dwain :?:

richie rich

Reaction score
first disconnect the rubber hose from the cowel to the engine and make sure its completely clear. But to check the passages on your motor, you may have to run the engine with the water ear muffs on and remove the thermostats to see of the water pump is getting water up into the heads....if nothing comes through to the top, you have something blocking the passage going up through the shaft....if it does get up to the top of the heads, then the blockage is somewhere on the way out of the engine. Sometimes you can clear a blockage by running water back down the thermostats opening, engine off, to see if it pops anything loose...then try running it normal again and watch for the pee....if it starts to trickle, your getting closer and may need to do this a few times.

you never mentioned if it was overheating? Also, get yourself a good repair manual for this engine...you may have an answer right on page 2.

SlimJim

Reaction score
take an air hose to it and it will clear.

jekyl

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
G'day dwain , just wondered if you would share with us your experiences with the Honda and also the special order derivation of the 225.

I am considering repowering and already have experiences with Honda's that have ben very positive.

dwain

Reaction score
Website
www.bodkinrealty.com
Good day mate: When I purchased my Grady, the previous owner did not want the Yamaha that would have come with the boat and special ordered the Honda 225HP. Boat and motor are both 2003. The motor is extremely quiet and appears to be good on fuel. Most of my fishing is trolling for salmon, musky, steelhead and walleye on some of our great lakes. There were a couple of updates on the motor that Honda did. The only thing I did not like was that the previous owner did not take the extended warranty and that because I purchased the motor in the U.S. Honda Canada does not or will not any warranty work on the motor. Other than that I would purchase a Honda. Great and reliable, no problems and I have over 800 hours on it so far. I just make certain that oil changes are completed and that the impeller is changed every two years regardless if it is good or bad. Good luck and if you have any questions just drop me a line. Dwain in London, Ontario, Canada
P.S. Pee hole is now clear, hooked up the garden hose and used the mono.

jekyl

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Interestingly i have a 50 hp honda on my Barra boat (like an aluminium bass boat) and whilst we use it in very shallow water at times the "pee hole" gets blocked easily and requires disconnection from the outside fitting and the motor to clean it out thoroughly.

hotajax

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Easy Flush for the Pee-Hole

Get your doctor to give you a syringe with out the needle. The male fitting on the end of the syringe will fit right into the hose after you disconnect it. The smaller the diameter of the syringe, the greater the pressure you can generate to blast that sh*t out of there. I suggest a 3 cc if he has one. They're great. And the larger size ones aren't bad for filling up the resevoir for the hydraulic fluid on the engine's tilt mechanism.