Hose replacement 268 Islander

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
With the fuel tanks out I can see the cooler hose. Need to look for the baitwell hose. Both on the Port side. What I can see looks like crap. Access port on Port side has a seacock that I don't understand this 2-hose seacock? One side to baitwell the other to cooler? Need to deal with fill hose for baitwell.

Thru hull.jpeg

I would like to pull new hoses from the pumps in the aft bilge. Not sure if any of this will cooperate. Any input is welcome.

Screen Shot 2023-07-27 at 8.24.12 PM.png

Last edited:

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Green/black hose up top is saltwater washdown. Secured with ty--wrap. Green/black hose underneath turn to the left and runs to the livewell fill. Hose on the left is the cockpit scupper.

Of course all this is underneath and inaccessible from above.

Hose.pngev

Hopefully this livewell hose runs thru the void and is not tied down! With the fuel tank out there is access. It's now or never to change it out.

Last edited:

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Hose replacement complete. The baitwell fill hose comes out of the aft bilge, passes thru a bulkhead, turns forward (completely covered) enters a PVC tube thru the foam and pops up next to the fill fitting underneath the helm deck next to the water tank. It's possible to replace this hose without pulling the fuel tank but you wouldn't likely try it without what I just told you!

25 Bait 1.jpeg 25 Bait 2.jpeg 25 Bait 3.jpeg 25 Biat 4.jpeg

Actually the GW Owners Manuel for this model has diagrams that show where the 2" PVC chase is.

Last edited: