How do I get keys for cabin and pump out control panel

gulfcoastangler

Reaction score
We purchased a 07 registered in 09 330 express with 60hrs from Quality boats of clearwater. We spent 10k on the boat for the worst 1200 dollar detail, engine service, generator service, a through hull transducer, boat lettering, installing 2014 decals on boat and had engine covers painted with new decals. The generator access hatch on this boat has no screws it has the weather strip and I love that but it did not sit flat so they said they would fix it and butchered it with huge screws so we had to pay the glass guy to fix it to find it was a one inch piece of gel coat causing it to stand uneven that I knocked off with a razor blade now it lays perfect. They had our boat for 3 months took our stainless steel horns off saying they did not work which is bull they were not willing to do a dam thing without us paying for it. While doing all of this they lost hardware to radar, put a hole in deck removing outriggers, got grease on cabin berth cushions and ruined the cushion trying to clean them then charged us for all the repairs. Now the generator will not stay running, We spent a night on the boat to find out the fresh water pump did not work and all the sinks had leaks.They lost the keys to cabin locks and head pump out panel. I have spent everyday working on this boat for 2 weeks and had the fuel tanks polished. We have called them ten times including the owner and they will not return call. All I want is the cushion fixed and the key to the cabin. Is there someone that can help? Thank you.

g0tagrip

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Call Grady white customer service with your hull no and ask them to send you a duplicate set.

zimm

Reaction score
Welcome to Grady ownership. You posted this on THT as well. Every reply has said to call Grady customer service- have you done that? I'm sure they will take care of you!

ahill

Reaction score
Quality Boats is a good dealer.
Did you get a survey before you bought the boat?
You seem to have many complaints now that it is yours.

mboyatt

Reaction score
I am sorry for your frustration. I know something like this eats at you, especially after spending so much money. I learned a long time ago that if you want something done right, more often than not you will have to do it yourself. I know this obviously has limits, since I cant rebuild an engine, etc... but I do a ton of work on my own boat for this very reason. I rarely take it to have someone work on it - always the very last option. Boat ownership is a kick to the crotch at times. Hang in there and get that sucker out on the water to leave it all behind. I would also suggest that if you are having work done such as upgrades or other restoration work, do not pay them a dime until the work is complete. They don't get paid until you are satisfied.

gulfcoastangler

Reaction score
That is the one good thing coming out of this. Doing all the work has made me very familiar with the boat. I spent a long time working on generator and with the help from fischer panda I think we are getting there and I had no clue about the generator. When they did service they had almost a quart too much oil in it which did not help. The only thing left other than generator is the outriggers were put back on wrong so just have to get them straight. As far as them being a great dealer I have dealt with many and they do not even come close but if they make some happy great for you. Thank you for the replies I spoke with grady about it and they are super so far just have to get the right person.

gulfcoastangler

Reaction score
We were going to get survey but after building what we thought to be a friendship with the sales team we trusted them when they told us they go through the boat and check everything. Guess we learn the hard way sometimes so much for trust in the future. They even tried selling boat out from under us after two weeks while we were working on finance and forced us to pay cash within the next two days or they were selling it and we had a contract with 15k down. Sounds like a great dealer...

IBeGrady'd

Reaction score
They lost the keys to cabin locks and head pump out panel.

Lordy. Your other headaches notwithstanding, you'd think a reputable dealer would be on something like this in a NY minute. Hope you're operational ASAP and have left it all behind in your wake real soon.

gulfcoastangler

Reaction score
She's looking good almost fishing time 8)

Attachments

• photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    156.8 KB · Views: 2,499

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
My experience with Quality Boats was similar to yours.

mboyatt

Reaction score
Wow! Awesome boat. I love the bow thrusters. Looking good!!

gulfcoastangler

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Wspitler not fun should be a great experience especially with the amount of money involved. Most houses around here are less lol . Aside from them the boat is awesome and we love it thinking of the 36 though lol.

gulfcoastangler

Reaction score
Thank you Mboyatt will never get one without it a monkey could drive this thing with the bow thruster it is so easy.

exudedude

Reaction score
In 2010 the US 19 location sold a used 25' Stamas out from under me with a 15 k deposit within a week. My money was ready as promised and on time. I show up on the Saturday promised, the boat is gone. No one called, no email, nothing. My deposit check was returned with no explanation.