How many of youz guyz use your boat mainly in freshwater?

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Today we will be splashing the Grady on Fontana Lake here in the Smoky Mountains. We keep her in a covered slip and I will take her out in mid July for a cleaning and trip prep to the Keys.

I wonder how many Gradys spend their days plying the unsalted deep as it were. I am horrible with names but one fellow is getting a new Freedom 27 footer where it will be the most seaworthy lake boat on Lake Norman or what have you.

When lived in Central Florida we spent a lot time , maybe half our boating time on the St.Johns River from Sanford to Lake George. I kind of miss it.

Anyway, just wondering how many folks explore our inland waterways as much as the sea?

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Re: How many of youz guyz gave your boat mainly in freshwate

Lake Lanier, Lake Allatoona, Lake Oconee, Tennessee River....all regular launching points for us.

We get 2-3 trips to FL in a year....I like you miss the old days when you could hit the St Johns on Saturday and trailer to the Atlantic or the Gulf on Sunday....

There are more GWs on Lanier then you would think.....caught up with Wade and his 275 with twin ETEC G2 200s today....there is also a 275 with an F350 for sale up here for anyone who is interested......

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Re: How many of youz guyz use your boat mainly in freshwater

Brian,
One of these days I will get my boat down to Lanier and meet up with you or join you on the TN River. I keep saying it but it will happen. We could have an inland version of the Great GRady round up or something ..lol

Grady_Crazy

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score

These days normally Lake Greenwood, SC since we have a place there now and Lake Murray, SC but I refer the coast. I kept my 208 (along with Daman858) at Georgetown, SC) for a couple of years and cruised up and down the Intracoastal and in and out the inlets. My favorite place is Morehead City, NC where we went every year from the early 80s to mid 2000s and my son said it was his most favorite place in the world!

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score

I do like the Atlantic Beach Morehead Beaufort metroplex for sure. Emerald Isle is nice and I have cruised that area once in my 228. I would love to take 2 months and Cruise from the Chesapeake to the Keys on ICW.

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin

Before 2012, Lake Michigan/summer; Keys (Marathon) 1st 3 weeks of Jan.

Now retired, Fla full-time, so saltwater full-time.

More washing..More flushing, but we can finally swim & anchor without shivering.

Grady_Crazy

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score

Lake Greenwood, SC
20150718_062121_zpsodfhb8n8.jpg

20150718_061907_zpsjbizdbyx.jpg