How much is it to add trim tabs to a GW 208?

jellyfish

Reaction score
does anyone know how much it would be to add trim tabs to a GW 208? What kind would you add? thx

Average Joe

Reaction score
I had the dealer add the OEM (Bennett's) to mine about a year after I bought it. Parts and labor came to between $800-900.

If you are a do-it-yourselfer that's fine and you can get the tabs for ~$500 but as for me I opted for the professional installation.

fishhrd

Reaction score
I second the m120's. I installed them on a 209 and they worked great.

jellyfish

Reaction score
thanks evryone for the great feedback. OnoEric, did you use the bennet M120'S? if so how much were they? thanks for the link and info, jf

jellyfish

Reaction score
Average Joe said:
I had the dealer add the OEM (Bennett's) to mine about a year after I bought it. Parts and labor came to between $800-900.

If you are a do-it-yourselfer that's fine and you can get the tabs for ~$500 but as for me I opted for the professional installation.
Joe, Is it $500 total for everything or do you have to buy just the tabs and then the switch buttons? I am finding prices all over the place but not sure if I need extras? M120 are the ones I want. thx

jellyfish

Reaction score
heres the quote from the dealer, $675 for the trim Tabs M120's and 5 to 8 hours of labor at $100 an hour so around $1200 for the tabs and install? How does this price sound? High? Low? about right?

cdwood

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Sounds high to me. I just bought the M120 package for under 500$.

Also, don't see it taking more than a couple hours.

enfish

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
jellyfish said:
thanks evryone for the great feedback. OnoEric, did you use the bennet M120'S? if so how much were they? thanks for the link and info, jf

Jellyfish, we used the standard 12x9's (first one listed on this page http://www.bennetttrimtabs.com/trimtabkits.php?cID=1)

Bennett actually recommended the 18x9's, but looking around we noticed the factory installed tabs on the Seafarers were 12x9's, so we figured they'd work on the Adventure. It also saved us from having to relocate the transducer.

The tabs work great. We can stay on plane down to about 10 knots, and they really keep the bow down and the ride soft going uphill.

enfish

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
jellyfish said:
heres the quote from the dealer, $675 for the trim Tabs M120's and 5 to 8 hours of labor at $100 an hour so around $1200 for the tabs and install? How does this price sound? High? Low? about right?

Sounds high. Like I said in the other thread, it took 2 of us 4 or 5 hours to do the job having never done it before and really taking our time to measure everything about 10 times before drilling and then making sure all the holes were sealed with epoxy. Granted, this was a number of years ago, but we picked up the tabs from West Marine on sale for less than $400. I'd expect the M120's to be more expensive than the 12x9's.

It's really not a hard job if you want to take a day and do it yourself.

jellyfish

Reaction score
thanks guys for all the great info. I will post on how they come out.

JUST-IN-TIME

Reaction score
5 hrs is the max, unless it is tight in the back

some boats it is almost impossible to reach the transom