How to Access Macerator, Canyon 306

Caburke1

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
Hello, when trying to pump out my holding tank using the macerator, I keep blowing fuses. The lights on the level indicator seem to be telling me the pump is clogged. I have a 2019 Canyon 306. Can anyone tell me how to access the pump to either unclog it (yuck) or replace it? Thanks.

seasick

Reaction score
I would call Grady if no one responds. I assume that the head will flush OK but not the macerator that you use for overboard discharge ( in legal waters:))
That macerator usually is located in one of three different general areas; In the holding tank itself, on top or very close to the holding tank, or close to the place where the overboard seacock is located. I am generalizing since I don't know for certain.
On some macerator pumps, there is a access hole on the end of the motor that may have a plate screwed over it that when the plate is moved out of the way , you access the shaft of the motor and using a screw driver, turn it back and fort to unclog the impeller.
If your fuse blows immediately when you hit the discharge switch, a clogged impeller may not be the cause. Usually it takes a bit of time for the fuse to pop.

Caburke1

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
Thank you Seasick. It takes some time for the fuse to blow. I'll keep looking and call Grady when they open next week.

seasick

Reaction score
Based on your time delay, I suspect the motor is frozen, either shot or jammed.
Good luck with your search:)