How to clean hard plastic fighting chair?

Reel Sharp

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I am cleaning my boat and decided to give it a scrub from top to bottom. I have a hard plastic fight chair that I believe is the same material as the helm chairs. I had this sitting behind my shed for close to 2 years and it is kinda yucky. Algae has decided to take residence and mold may be it's neighbor. I used simple green and then bleach solution earlier today with minimal results :bang . What can I use that will bring the bling?
Thanks,
Norm Sharp

gw204

Reaction score
Clorox Cleanup. That stuff worked wonders on the helm chairs in my old 252.

Reel Sharp

Reaction score
OK thanks. I am gonna hit the store before they close tonight. I will let you know if it did the job or not.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Clorox Cleanup will do wonders, but it will also eat through the threads on the cushions.

Have you tried Spray Nine? That stuff can work miracles.

cgmiller

Reaction score
A presssure washer does wonders for mold, moss and general dirt removal....

Reel Sharp

Reaction score
I used the Clorox Cleanup a couple of times with decent results. It still could not get the deep stuff, but did take the majority away. I may try the Nine if I see it in the stores. I don't have a pressure washer, but may be able to swindle a friend for a loaner!

Fishtales

Reaction score
Hi,

I think the pressure washer is a good option. It may dull the finish a bit, but will clean out all the areas where dirt can accumulate.

If you don't have access to one or it doesn't work, try this... You may think I'm crazy, but here goes.
I had a fiberglass tub that was stained pretty bad and no matter what I used, I could not get it clean.
Online someone recommended using the blue can of Easy-Off oven cleaner. It must be the environmental friendly blue can - not the yellow.
After trying everything I could, and believe me - I tried a lot of different cleaners based on tips from folks online, I decided to give it a shot.
The stuff was amazing. I let it sit for about 20 minues and used a soft bristle brush and scrubbed it down a bit. I washed it off and all the scum, deposits and general crap rinsed right off. Give it a shot as a last resort. I'd test it on a location on the bottom just to make sure it doesn't hurt anything before spraying the whole thing down.