How to fix dripping fresh water sink

PNW_Drifter

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Hi guys, Anyone have an idea how I can fix a dripping faucet in my seafarer 228? It's the small cabin sink. It drips bad when pump is on.

Is there a rebuild kit from an RV store or something? I googled it but didn't find anything.

Summertop511

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
This day and age. Throw away and replace probably

seasick

Reaction score
How old is the fixture? It's probably best to replace. Take a look at the Scanvik products to see if there is a match. I can't be sure but a lot of GW plumbing fixtures were Scanvik

PNW_Drifter

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
How old is the fixture? It's probably best to replace. Take a look at the Scanvik products to see if there is a match. I can't be sure but a lot of GW plumbing fixtures were Scanvik

Thanks, it looks like this: https://www.scandvik.com/index.cfm?method=products_detail&productID=160

I haven't dug into it too much but it's on the list since it drips on the cuddy cushions when pump is on.

Seafarer_Bob

Reaction score
Outer Banks NC - Winter / Ocean City MD Summer
Model
Seafarer
The sink faucet on my new to me 228 also keeps leaking on the cabin cushions... When I first turned it on it spit some red antifreeze so seems the previous owner attempted to winterize it but it never builds pressure so I must have a leak somewhere.

I didn't see any pumps or access through the deck hatches so I assume that means I'll need to pull forward deck plate to trace the system. While I'm at it I think I'll just disconnect that faucet since I can't imagining actually using that sink anyway.

No idea where the pump is so any suggestions on where to look or what to look for would be appreciated.

usmm1234

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
The Ambassador faucets at Defender are all ceramic valves. They won’t leak. They have a 5 year warranty. That’s what I used for replacements in my 330 Express.

PNW_Drifter

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
The sink faucet on my new to me 228 also keeps leaking on the cabin cushions... When I first turned it on it spit some red antifreeze so seems the previous owner attempted to winterize it but it never builds pressure so I must have a leak somewhere.

I didn't see any pumps or access through the deck hatches so I assume that means I'll need to pull forward deck plate to trace the system. While I'm at it I think I'll just disconnect that faucet since I can't imagining actually using that sink anyway.

No idea where the pump is so any suggestions on where to look or what to look for would be appreciated.

Bob, On my 228 the pump and strainer is under the passenger seat. There is a access plate next to the fill to see it. I ordered a cermanic valve to fix my drip but haven't got it yet. Back ordered. You could pull off your facet, cut the 1/2" water line and attach a plug if you'd like.

Seafarer_Bob

Reaction score
Outer Banks NC - Winter / Ocean City MD Summer
Model
Seafarer
Bob, On my 228 the pump and strainer is under the passenger seat. There is a access plate next to the fill to see it. I ordered a cermanic valve to fix my drip but haven't got it yet. Back ordered. You could pull off your facet, cut the 1/2" water line and attach a plug if you'd like.
Thanks, I'll probably plug the line at the faucet but I still need to find the bigger leak in the system. I'd like to use the gunnell mounted FW sprayer. I checked the online user's manual and it looks like that's where the pump is. I pulled that round hatch but it's too tight to see much so I'm sure I'll need to pull that big center deck hatch to get at it and see what's what.

Alternately I'm considering putting a Y valve / switch below the salt water wash down pump so I can switch between sea and fresh water to the washdown pump and deck hose when needed, is that crazy talk?

PNW_Drifter

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I just put a y valve in mine and another hose outlet so now I can spray fresh or salt with wash down hose. Still use the freshwater pump though.