How to get DVD player out of marlin

NikM820

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Ok, dumb question (I think) how the hell do you get the DVD player out of a 2005 Marlin? Screaming at it and throwing screwdrivers does not seem to working. There has to be an easy way. :bang
Thanks
Nick

NikM820

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
In case any other poor bastard decides to tackle this, here is what I had to do. Remove phone jack and all trim around DVD player. Some how fit 5 inches of hand into 3 inch hole to leave a small flash light in the back to illuminate the cavity. Get a long thin knife blade and slide under the adhesive bonded straps on top the DVD player. There are three, one on each side and in the middle. You're going to think there are only two (because two is agonizing enough) but no, there are three, three! :-| Once they are removed it will slide right out. The other option (only one I saw) was to remove the whole panel! Which would require a lot more work and not worth it. To take the place of the straps I merly added a little rubber pad with glue to the front plastic panel, on the bottom, to make it a snug fit. You cant even see it as it looks like part of the dvd player, It doesn't move at all, and if it needs to be removed again all you have to do is remove the front panel. Like it should be! (End rant). :bang
In case anyone is wondering why, I had to run a video cable to my mfd. Once I saw my buddy watching Wedding Crashers at the helm from his furuno mfd 12 I had to do it. Figured those slow crawls over night to the tuna grounds it could come in handy, or just chilling on the hook. :twisted:
Nick