How To , Kicker on Grady 192

Cabe123

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 192
What size shaft and Bracket would I use?

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
If you have a full width swim platform, this would be what I would use. PDR Marine, formerly Pooderbuilt. 25 inch shaft is what I've seen as the preferred size. I'll be purchasing both in the near future.

aux_bracket_swimstep_ob_0026 (1).jpg162_0026.jpeg

Topjimmy

Reaction score
Last edited:

PointedRose

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
You can use a garelick Fulton or panther brand motor mount probably up to 25-35 hp to be safe. Many smaller Hp mounts aren’t great durability. Use good backing plates for the washers and nuts. Measure carefully where you put it so it adjusts above and below the waterline. I got a used 9.9hp kicker with a 20” shaft. It works, but I’d probably prefer a smaller engine, when I tilt up, it’s right up against the stern rail. I don’t have to lower the bracket at all with 20” shaft just tilt the motor down so a smaller shaft might actually be better for me, but not going to overthink it. Would be nice to have a rig that links straight to your fuel source and steering if possible. I have to put a small 6gal fuel can out by the stern and use the tiller. I also have manual start and tilt but I’m not too fancy.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Perfect set up in the pics above....

PointedRose

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
Backing plates - consider something like this.