How to Remove Interior Window Curtains?

wahoo33417

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I'm referring to the sliding curtains that cover the port and starboard windows inside the cabin. On my Sailfish 282, they slide along an upper track. And I presume there is a place along that track where each of the sliding clips can simply be removed. But I sure couldn't find it.

But I'm sure some very smart person on this forum has figured out how to do it - and hopefully won't mind sharing!

Tx, Rob

brian bunk

Reaction score
I'm referring to the sliding curtains that cover the port and starboard windows inside the cabin. On my Sailfish 282, they slide along an upper track. And I presume there is a place along that track where each of the sliding clips can simply be removed. But I sure couldn't find it.

But I'm sure some very smart person on this forum has figured out how to do it - and hopefully won't mind sharing!

Tx, Rob
Ok here the drape deal there are Phillip screw stop at the end of track. loosen them up and curtain slides off end of track. There are 2 screw lock on mine one is end stop 2nd hold curtain at end picture of stops attached

Attachments

• F2C887B8-14E1-4B9A-A859-5D0B2544AED4.jpeg
    F2C887B8-14E1-4B9A-A859-5D0B2544AED4.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 4

wahoo33417

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Brian: Good God how did you get your face in there to find those screws!? Did you have to remove the decorative box around the perimeter of the window, or could you get straight at them?

And thanks for your reply!

Tx, Rob

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
The curtain is made with ordinary snaps. It snaps onto a plastic sliders that are in the track. The track has end stops and may have a middle one that are screwed in and can be removed. Pull hard or use a flat blade screwdriver to pop them off.

That decorative box is actually the inside window frame. The curtain tracks are pop riveted to the window frame.

brian bunk

Reaction score
Brian: Good God how did you get your face in there to find those screws!? Did you have to remove the decorative box around the perimeter of the window, or could you get straight at them?

And thanks for your reply!

Tx, Rob

Wahoo, I have a Marlin so opening may be bigger but I could not get my arm and head at same time so I just used the feel method. I also used a mechanics mirror to scope the whole mess out.

ItalianAngler

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
On my 282 I removed my window box and made a shelf out of Azek and painted to match. Opened up the cabin tremendously, reattached that curtain rail to the underside of my Azek shelf, used the old window box L brackets to hold the new shelf. That box on my boat was nasty from water getting in over the years. Saw someone else do it on here and that's where I got the idea, end game is to attach rod holders to the side of the cabin. My curtain rail was just screwed with little wood screws to the inside top of the box, once i had it off I was able to get to the rail a lot easier. Only 6 bolts hold that whole assembly onto the brackets, easy job.

wahoo33417

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Thanks for the replies guys. I think I get it.

Italian Angler, if you ever get around to posting pictures of your shelf work, I'd like to see them.

Tx, Rob

wahoo33417

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Nice Work! I believe that would open up the cabin quite a bit. And you still retained the shelf space. Another item on the 'to-do' list!

Tx, Rob

ItalianAngler

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Nice Work! I believe that would open up the cabin quite a bit. And you still retained the shelf space. Another item on the 'to-do' list!

Tx, Rob
I used Z cleaner, a toothbrush, and then some Oxy Clean to get rid of the stains on the monkey fur. You'll probably have a bit of a rust ring around it like I did. Worked like a champ. My 4 year old daughter helped with the scrubbing and was actually very into the project. Start em young.