how to remove waterspots

seabum

Reaction score
I have water spots on my windows on my 208 I tryed all kinds of stuff and no luck I even try crome polish any sug. Thanks

enfish

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Have you tried a 50/50 solution of distilled white vinegar and distilled water?

gradyfish22

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Hot water and vinegar, that should do the trick, the warmer the water the more effective it is. As mentioned, 50/50 is a good mixture ratio. Once this is done coat the window with a few coats of rain x and recoat it about every month or month and half.

freddy063

Reaction score
on glass vinger and news paper instead of paper towels. works everytime

1st grady

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
A friend of mine used the Finesse It II (polishing compound) on his 1969 corvette windows and they looked factory fresh. ( I thought he replaced the windshield with new) I am too timid to try it although I may try it on my son's 95 Camry first. If you have a beater car, try it out and let me know.

seabum

Reaction score
Thanks Guys I will try it tommorow I am heading down with a great weekend forcast. I was out tog fishing last week and did real good. But best of all as bad as the world is it's still very stress relieving to be out on my grady!!!!

seasick

Reaction score
seabum said:
I have water spots on my windows on my 208 I tryed all kinds of stuff and no luck I even try crome polish any sug. Thanks

Are you talking about the glass or the plastic windows?
If glass, the above mentioed solutions will work as long as the spots are water spots and not some other chemical. For example, fabric spay can spot the windows but need a different solution to get off.

I don't know why you tried chrome polish but that could be abrassive and could scratch the glass.

Spray water on the spots to see if they now look clear or if they bead up. If they bead up, you have wax or something else on them. If they clear up until they dry, you have scratches.

CJBROWN

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
seasick said:
>snip
I don't know why you tried chrome polish but that could be abrassive and could scratch the glass.

>snip

That's an old detailers trick. Traditional chrome polish is not abrasive to glass and generally it has a fair amount of amonia in it. Works really well for cleaning and polishing windows and leaves no streaks.

I'm surprised that didn't take the water spots off. But they can get baked on there pretty good.

Chrome polish will way out perform Finessse-it for glass.

seasick

Reaction score
CJBROWN said:
seasick said:
>snip

>snip

That's an old detailers trick. Traditional chrome polish is not abrasive to glass and generally it has a fair amount of amonia in it. Works really well for cleaning and polishing windows and leaves no streaks.

I'm surprised that didn't take the water spots off. But they can get baked on there pretty good.

Chrome polish will way out perform Finessse-it for glass.

I didn't know that.. Interesting....

Tom H

Reaction score
Is it glass?

Hi
If its glass there's an acid combination (the real detailer trick) which when very lightly coated on glass actually eats a layer of glass off. Wipe on and rince off after 2 minutes with water and you have a new pain of glass , all the calcium and other marks gone. This may be banned in the USA as it is very nasty stuff, it doesn't burn the skin but actually soaks through and eats at the bones, wear good gloves, read and observe all the warnings and be very careful. Ask a few of your local chemical suppliers and one of the will know what I'm talking about.
Good luck .Tom