How to replace a section of bent bow rail

Reaction score
Does anyone have any tips on replacing a section of bow rail on a 1985 Tournament 190 that was bent by a roof collapse from the snow? Is the bow rail one piece or can I replace just a section? Where can I get a replacement rail?

richie rich

Reaction score
marine connection or taco marine will have it....its normally a bent piece.....depending on size of damage, maybe a piece can be removed, new piece welded in at the "T" joint so you cant see it and then re-installed.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I bent a section of rail on my 226....its a one piece rail from the bow to midships. Wound up having to order the railing and stanchions from GW.

It was an expensive lesson on my part that could have been prevented. If I recall, by the time I was done it was north of $500...

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
When Grady sells a pulpit kit for a retorfit, I believe in the kit there is instructiona and parts to cut the rail and extend it using inserts and set screws or epoxy, don't recall, but you may want to inquire.

Also check with a TIG certified welder, rail can be butt welded full penetration and grounded smooth. Make sure you talk with a TIG certified welder.